Our Clinics and Making Appointments
- clinics are held daily, Monday to Friday and on Saturday mornings
- on most days we will be able to see you the same day
- simply call our reception at your preferred practice premises to make an appointment and the receptionist will give you the earliest convenient time for you to come
- payment will be due at the time of consultation or on collection of hospitalised patients
- we welcome new customers to the practice
- just mention that you are a new customer when you make your appointment
- when you arrive at the practice you will be asked to fill in a short registration form with information on your pet and contact details for yourself
- or register now online
- weight management
- dental hygiene advise
- puppy/kitten growth checks
- for emergencies during practice hours, please call our practice number. Telephone: 0131 332 0458
- you will be given a priority appointment to ensure your animal gets attention at the earliest opportunity
- you will be seen at our main practice at 19 Hillhouse Road Blackhall Edinburgh EH4 3QP by one of the veterinary surgeons
Out of Hours Emergency Service
PLEASE NOTE AS OF 29th MAY 2017 OUR DEDICATED EMERGENCY PROVIDER HAS CHANGED TO VETSNOW - SEE CONTACT DETAILS BELOW:
Should you have an emergency out with normal office hours, you can contact our 24 hour emergency service at the hospital at 2B Hutchison Crossway, Edinburgh, EH14 1RR, called VetsNow. VetsNow work from within the PSDA premises. This service is run for veterinary practices in and around Edinburgh and is staffed at all times by a veterinary surgeon and a fully qualified veterinary nurse. VetsNow is staffed by a Veterinary Surgeon, who is assisted by a qualified Veterinary Nurse, and they remain on the hospital premises at all times. This means that they are not only available to deal with emergency cases at any hour of the night or weekend, but are also present to provide round the clock inpatient care for pets, should they need to be hospitalised.
Emergency Veterinary Service Telephone: 0131 444 0990
The VetsNow hours of service are :
- Monday - Friday: 6.00pm – 8:30am
- Weekends: Saturday Midday – Monday 8:30am
- And on certain Bank Holidays and Public Holidays
What to Do in an Emergency
- simply ring your usual surgery number
- if we are closed the answer phone message will give you the VetsNow number or phone VetsNow direct on 0131 444 0990
Can I Ring for Advice?
Of course! The VetsNow staff are qualified to give advice.
How Do I Get to the VetsNow Clinic?
The clinic is within the PDSA premises at 2B Hutchison Crossway, EH14 1RR It is well signposted.
What if I Don't Have Transport?
If you don't have access to a vehicle or a lift, taxi firms would be willing to transport you with your animal for a fee.
What if I am Unable to Move my Pet?
VetsNow operates like a human casualty unit. All the necessary life saving facilities are located there, and, just as human emergencies are transported to casualty, so must pets be taken to VetsNow. Very little useful treatment can be carried out elsewhere. The staff at VetsNow will give you advice on how to move injured pets.
Will I Have to Leave my Pet?
If the condition is serious and requires medical or surgical care, then your pet will be admitted to the hospital for immediate treatment.
Please click on link to find VetsNow https://firstname.lastname@example.org,-3.241893,17z/data=!3m1!4b1